Saturday 31 January 2009

A drop in the ocean ... but it's still my money

I haven't really bothered looking too hard at my mortgage payments as I'm on a fixed term. But I thought I'd take a quick gander last night.

Ploughing through 7-8 pages (note to self: see if you can get electronic statements), I came across an early repayment charge of £10 from Cheltenham and Gloucester. Now whilst I owe gazillions, I thought: "Hold on, not like me to be early with anything, let alone giving money to my mortgage company."

Did I send off a cheque in some Xmas drunken stupour? Nah, more likely to have passed out than dig my cheque book out. And all my payments, like anyone else, are on direct debit.

So am I being charged because C&G have taken too much money on the direct debit?! A bit of a double whammy, methinks. Now whilst the internet is the dog's, there's nothing like the phone to make a point, so excuse me whilst I find out where my drinking money has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment