Friday 13 February 2009

The old left, right again

A smidge of excitement mounts as it's time for a new mobile phone ... excellent, it's like a mini birthday present.

So I decide to go with Vodafone. Virgin, my current provider, obviously think it's better to spend £100+ to get a new customer than spend less than that to keep me.

So look on the web, find what I want and then give Vodafone a call ... good so far, offer is still remains the same between the two channels. Onto delivery ... they won't deliver to my office; for security reasons they have to deliver to my home. But I have to work so I have to wait a week and stay in next Saturday for delivery.

Bang has just gone the 'honeymoon' period. So why can't I pick up the phone in one of their stores, local to my office?

"Oh no Sir, I'm sure you appreciate that we have our security precautions."

Not when it's inconvenient and I could take proof of residence like bills or passport, credit cards etc. into of their stores. They seem to be OK security measures for other companies.

C'mon, let's not have the left hand and the right hand not connecting! This is not exactly new news as I covered another instance on my company's blog.

Get rid of these silos and think about the customer journey. 'Cos I'm almost thinking ... might cancel and go with comparable O2 offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment